Thursday 23 June 2016

Ok so time for some updates....


Hey guys and welcome, it has been quite a while since our last update, over 2 months to be exact, not a great deal has happened since our last post but a few things, and those things being really great.
So we will start from where we left the last update post, the land slope, I spoke with the Developer who was fantastic, I voiced my concerns and he listened, he then went to site with his business partner and they decided they would do the retaining walls down the sides , this levelling our block a lot more than before, so now I am still waiting to hear back from the builder to see if they have gone back out to site yet to redo the surveys & drawings, here's hoping....
So we have been sitting waiting still, waiting for the day we get the call or email telling us the land is registering, then it happens, out of sheer luck a friend tells me how to check the progress of your land registrations, using the LPI Website (Land & Property Information) www.six.nsw.gov.au here I was able to find where we were at, and it was showing "Under Requisition" not knowing what that meant I looked into it and found they were waiting for more documents from the developer.
So know knowing this website I kept checking the progress, over and over, I think my phone was connected to that website at least 3 or 4 times every hour just to see if there were any changes, and then it happened.... It changed to "Undergoing Folio Creations", I knew this was something good.... something great.... something was going to happen and soon
I waited for a day determined not to look again, I held out, and made it halfway through the next day, and curiosity got the better of me, as much as I wanted to wait and be excited to get the phone call or email I caved, gave in.. and logged onto the website... wrote the DP number accepted the conditions and entered the security code... page seemed to take forever to load, I was watching the screen just wanting to see it, wanting to see what we had been waiting to see, was it today? was it now? the page loaded... and there is was... it was showing us "Registered - Folios Created" holy crap, I felt amazing, knowing the land would soon be ours, I took a breath, closed the page and went back to work, my mind thinking about the land,
The day continued, I worked away thinking more about the land, then I got a call from our Conveyancer, she had called to tell me the land was Registered and settlement was due in 2 weeks, Tuesday 21st of June 2016, now this was no surprise as I knew this call was coming, but it still felt fantastic to hear it officially from our Conveyancer...
The story doesn't end there, we went through to get our finance all sorted, and I was working with our finance guy the whole way, we had a few slight hiccups along the way but due to being such a short time frame, this is kind of expected, we came to Thursday 16th and hit a snag, I worked hard to get this sorted quickly but like everything it didn't quite work out as planned, we were hoping to have it sorted by Monday 20th but this didn't happen, so here is my calling the Conveyancer asking for an extension of the settlement day, the developer was great, the pushed it till Thursday 23rd, now the pressure was on.
Wednesday morning I am driving around dropping off the paperwork as required, not expecting it to all go through by Thursday, but I got the call, the Settlement booking was for 3pm Thursday 23rd of June 2016, wow this is actually happening, the land is going to be ours,
So Thursday came, time went slow, no news, no updates, no issues thank god, well at the moment, I still thought something was going to stop the settlement, just doubts floating around there would be no more issues, and then 3:20pm still nothing, I couldn't wait any longer, so I called the bank, the were still yet to get confirmation and they would call me back once they knew, literally hung up the phone to the bank and no sooner had I put it back in my pocket it started ringing, it was our Conveyancer, she starts off by saying congratulations, that was it.. the land was ours... all this time.. all this waiting... done...
So of course first thing we did when I got home from work, even though it was pitch black and freezing cold was go to our land and walk it, talking about where all the rooms where going to be and how big/small the yard was going to be, it was such an amazing feeling knowing that our Dream Home we have worked so hard for over the last what feels like millions of years is finally getting closer, finally going to be ours.

So from here we still have more waiting ahead of us, but we will be seeing our house coming together, being built, for us...

Land at the moment...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment